Mousepad for my Grandson

Since I gave my granddaughter my old Macbook Air, 4yo grandson now also has an old MBA of his own, handed down from her. We got him a suitably tiny optical mouse for it, and he requested a wooden mouse pad like I had made for his sister. Hers was Minecraft-themed, but he wanted his to have a “druck.”

38 Likes

lol love the Druck. Thats what they say at that age,

3 Likes

Not my youngest. He passionately loved trucks, but substituted “f” for “tr,” which got a little embarrassing at times. It’s hard to explain to shocked passers-by that your toddler is NOT cursing repeatedly at the top of his lungs, but actually celebrating a sighting of one of his favorite things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

lol my nephew has trouble with “sp” and makes a F sound. So of course my dad and my brothers thought it was great when they told him to say “Spock” (from Star Trek)

6 Likes

I just figured that a druk was just able to float as well,

1 Like

Very, very fine engraving! I’d be afraid to ruin it with repeated musings.

1 Like

Lol I miss that age with children. Happy New Year to you and your family.

3 Likes

That turned out great! He will enjoy it for sure!

3 Likes

Nah, I can always whip out another one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant to say “mousings” but the darn autocorrect changed it and I didn’t notice. :angry:

2 Likes

Wow, the quality of that engrave is fantastic. I need to experiment more with that. Most of mine come out ver muddy. Or REAALLY simple.

1 Like

If you use dot that is what you can get. If you use vary power with a design like that it will come out looking very muddy

1 Like

That is awesome!! :smiley:

2 Likes

How does the engraving hold up to mouse traffic? Whenever I do engraving the engraved surface becomes fragile and the high points of the engraved surface chip off etc. I’m probably engraving too deeply??

Maybe? I dunno – the one I did for my Granddaughter has survived several years of mouse use along with enduring the general daily abuse that goes with being owned by a child, and it still looks great. This one is doing fine so far, too. I think I did the first one in draftboard – this one was done in Baltic birch. Both were topped with several coats of spray lacquer.

1 Like