Movie tray

Can someone help cut a movie tray I have the file but some reason I am having issue cutting it . Any help will be greatly appreciated

What issue are you having?

1 Like

Once I upload the life . It doesn’t give me the option to cut it

What are you using to create your file? What are Can you show us a screenshot of your issue?

1 Like

I am trying to loading it into the dashboard but it not give me the option to cut only engraved . This is my first project sorry

1 Like

What software did you use to create this file?

2 Likes

Looks like Photoshop to me, which means raster, which can only be engraved.

To cut, you need vectors, using Illustrator (or any number of other vector file editors)…

This is all covered on the support pages, which you are directed to once you set up your machine.

3 Likes

I agree , I purchased the files from Etsy and it the incorrect files . Thank you for responding . I am new to the glow forge world . I need a mentor

1 Like

I purchased this files from Etsy and it the incorrect files

1 Like

What design software you would recommend for the glowforge ?

1 Like

Inkscape is free and many people have great success with it. Other users use Adobe Illustrator or Affinity Design. For many designs, the Glowforge Premium Subscription tools are enough to produce the items they wish.

3 Likes

You have found it here. I wandered in here the same, ignorant of CNC, lasers, and design software. This community seriously damaged my ignorance, and it has been a wonderful adventure!

4 Likes

Welcome. This forum holds just about every answer you could need. It is your best friend/tool in learning how to use the GF. You can enter a topic in the search field and find more info than you can imagine. Spend as much time as possible reading post, past and current. Plus the members here can help you understand things that might be confusing.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your help

1 Like

I have downloaded as well . I am trying every each one of them all to see which one I like better

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.