Movin' on up! to a Glowforge Pro!

1 Like

“Hit me square in the head”
“That old man is a Square”
"My buddy owed me money but now we are square.
“I squared my shoulders”
“Your description does not square with reality”

English is a weird language.

3 Likes

Pythagoras theorem states that for all right-angled triangles, 'The square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides '. … In any right-angled triangle, the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

1 Like

I agree that each corner can be considered square. But the definition of a square is a plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles. And a rectangle is A rectangle is any shape with four sides and four right angles . All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares (all the sides in a square have to be the same length).

“a grid of ruled squares”

2 Likes

“The square of two is four.”
“The frame was crooked until I squared it.”
“Meet me at the square at midnight.”
“The carpenter lost his square, so he went home.”
“I got double sixes so I moved 12 squares.”
“Clean living — no drinking, no smoking, and three square meals a day.”

2 Likes

That squares with my perception.

1 Like

All you squares need to get hip.

2 Likes

I have trouble getting 'round to eating a square meal, and that has given me a lot of extra hip :pig2: Also made me extra round.

1 Like

Attempt #2 at a ‘flex vent’

2 Likes

Reminds me of the watches in the early 90s that had extendable parts.

2 Likes

If you are still trying I would pick up a couple of bottles of V-8 or take a caliper to the grocery. It is amazing how so many folks use the same dimensions so a bottle top on one thing even fits the bottles on so many others. A 2-liter soda bottle also works but uses pressure instead stabilizer rings to stay round so quite floppy, A very lightly heated nichrome wire can make those rings however.

Thanks, I think I nailed it with my latest version (I will know in 24 hrs)

:stuck_out_tongue:

NOPE it’s a fail whale… TOO RIGID
‘back to the ol graphics tablet’

1 Like

We used to make tennis ball cannons out of steel drink cans. the last one I ever made was with country time lemonade cans. now even if the cans were steel, they are too small in diameter to put a tennis ball in. :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.