Music, art, and cat bait

Great stuff.
One of a kind gifts are awesome.

2 Likes

That one is powered…just not turned on in the photo. Since it was daytime, the lighting doesn’t show that well. Thank you, though!

1 Like

I tend to be jaded to your stuff because it is so consistently good. Not this time, you pushed past my high expectations for you. Yours is stuff I study to get better, you are one of my muses here.

I love the detail of the music box, just enough without being too much.

3 Likes

Oh my…I am seriously honored. I had always thought the same of the things that you do! Mutual admiration society, here. Thank you so very much.

2 Likes

Okay, took a closer look and I do see it. Would love to see it lit in subdued light, must look great?

Thank

2 Likes

Wish I could take another photo…but it left on Friday from the post office! Here’s the first post I made about these little trees, though.

2 Likes

Not only are your projects beautiful, but your declaration of being not a “cat person” or “into music boxes” shows how much you care about the recipients of your thoughtful gifts. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Did an ugly paste up. If wings more defined maybe better recognition.
Like so (just not as ugly)

Really like the trees.

1 Like

Good and welcome suggestion. Someday, when I get un-burned out with these little trees, I’ll give it more thought. Thank you!

Stunning work, @Xabbess.

3 Likes

I love the Christmas trees! Of course, the box you made for the music box is very nice. I agree with @jules … the key is a crowning touch!

Over the years, I’ve found that no matter how difficult (or easy) the project is … I usually only want to do it once. When I have done 2nd and 3rd’s … it strips the fun, and becomes work. My hobbies are for fun … never for work! :slight_smile:

In my card making, I’ve started to try to do 2 or 3 of the card at the same time … knowing I won’t want to do it again. At halloween, I did 14 of the same card, and being a little more intensive on the Copic coloring time spent they were truly a labor of love. If I had made one first … I just wouldn’t have wanted to make more. All in the mind!

Although, it has nothing to do with laser time … here’s my Halloween card. Front on the left, inside on the right.

18 Likes

Ooooo, I love all your projects! I like the green tree as well as the clear one. You can use it to showcase ornaments that wouldn’t show as well on the clear one, like gold and silver.

That music box though. Wow! I just love the clever key holder design! That’s really thinking outside the box😉! I’m with you, I prefer a smooth side to the finger jointed look.

I guess I’m gonna have to get me some of that Laser Tile–you all are doing such cool things with it…

2 Likes

Very nice @Xabbess!
I agree about the finger joints, but what they have going for them is registering the assembly and strength. It would be possible to get the best of both by having tabs that extend into the adjacent piece without going through it. The music box would never need the additional strength, but for something that was subjected to more severe duty, the additional design time might be worth it.
I really like your setup BTW, and ‘Laser Pantry’ just has a warm welcoming sound to it. :sunglasses:

@ptodd, your card is precious!

2 Likes

Oh I wish I could draw that way! :smile:

1 Like

You = Inspiration.

GREAT work!!

1 Like

Oh no … I didn’t draw this … it is stamped and colored with Copics.

2 Likes

Whew! I’m feeling slightly less inadequate now.
(Although the shading you get with the Copics is a technique I have yet to learn either.) :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve watched a LOT of videos from various crafters/artists … the master being Sandy Allnock. There are so many crafts and so little time! I want to do it all!

4 Likes

Those are great!

1 Like

This is SO cute!..and the coloring is superb! I hear you on the fun going away after multiple repeats. :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes