My 3rd grader has to make a product

My 3rd grader has an economics assignment where he has to make a product, so naturally, we need to find something for him to make on the Glowforge! :smiley:

I am walking him through every step from finding an image and tracing it to saving it as an SVG and then printing with the GF. I’m having him make all of the decisions with everything. :slight_smile: I told him it’s HIS product so he has to make everything for it. (We’ve gotten as far as getting the SVG completed in Illustrator and probably tonight we will load it into the GFUI and print it if it doesn’t need any alterations.)

It has to be a product that is useful and that people would want to purchase. He’s making a paw print keychain. Can’t wait to see the final product!

I will come back and post a photo when it’s all done.

20 Likes

Didn’t we wish we had toys/educational tools like this growing up?!!

8 Likes

100% lol

And I am psyched that he’s learning Illustrator! :smiley: So awesome.

5 Likes

Good for him! Soon he’ll be your designer!

2 Likes

That is really awesome! Can’t wait to see the finished result!

3 Likes

Well i survived that experience. wahahaha! just kidding. Bwahahaha! Just kidding.

:smiley:

17 Likes

Nice! A maker in the making! That is a beautiful thing!

5 Likes

Gosh, they are getting Junior Achievers younger all the time! He is a Junior Junior Achiever. I wish him the best with his project. Now the difficult part: marketing.

3 Likes

Don’t ever “grow up.”

5 Likes

What a wonderful bonding experience.

3 Likes

That’s cute! I’ve done a couple projects with my daughter and it’s so rewarding.

2 Likes

That’s great. My son had to do something similar a few years ago. They then had to barter with their classmates to get things that others made. We did pencil boxes that he could easily put together. He even etched the school logo, added a made by mark for himself, and dated them.

Awesome to see someone else having this experience. The nostalgia is bringing a smile to my face right now.

4 Likes

Aww that would be so fun! I wonder if his class would have done that if it wasn’t for the pandemic.

1 Like

Love having children involved!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.