My Childhood home

On top of 2020 being a rough year, my family and I had to say goodbye to our childhood home. My parents bought this house over 43 years ago and raised 5 kids there and 10 grandkids. So for Christmas this year I made my parents an engraving of our home to always remember the good times that everyone had inside those walls

69 Likes

Nice keepsake, well executed.

3 Likes

The clarity and contrast of your engraving is wonderful. Sure to be a treasured piece. :blush:

6 Likes

Tell a newbie how you did it. Beautiful work.

3 Likes

I think the key was having a solid foundation with a good photo. I brought it into photoshop, make it a black and white image and adjusted the levels to what to thought looked like a good, high contrast photo…then nudged it a little more. Anything that was a real light gray, I made white. Sharpened the image and edited some distracting things like reflections in the windows. Used the PG basswood settings (I bought live edge bass wood from michaels) and that was really it

5 Likes

This is so beautiful!!!

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your family is loosing that home. What you’ve made for them will be a reminder of so many treasured memories. Very well done.

5 Likes

What a wonderful remembrance! Of course, now you will have to make 15 copies of it…

4 Likes

Beautiful work! They will cherish that for a very long time!!

4 Likes

Very well done, I like the precision of the engrave contrasting with the live edge of the wood! :star_struck:

The shading of the background trees really gives depth and makes the house pop!

7 Likes

Well done. And sorry to hear your childhood home has to go away.

4 Likes

Beautiful engrave, and love it on the live edge. Sorry they won’t have their home. Your gift will be cherished.

3 Likes

Very nice. The live edge adds that finishing touch.

2 Likes