My DC Calendar

This is a follow up to the Marvel Calendar I designed two years ago. The experience was a fun one for sure and was primarily made to inspire people in the maker community. It was a great success, being downloaded over 270,000 in 2 years!

If you like it, please follow me on Instagram to see my recent work!

There are 4 different file types available for download: AI, DXF, EPS and SVG

Main Characters
Superman
Wonder Woman
Poison Ivy
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Flash
Catwoman
Stargirl
Robin
Bain
Batman
Joker
Two Face
Harley Quinn
Martian Manhunter
Penguin
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Hawkgirl

Symbols In Circle
Constantine
Firestorm
Darkseid
Huntress
Red Lantern
Brainiac
Black Canary
Lex Luthor
Suicide Squad
Justice League
Katana
Swamp Thing
Booster Gold
Blue Lantern
Starfire
Nightwing
Doomsday
Zod

Symbols Outside Circle
Flash
Deadshot
Jonah Hex
Green Lantern repeated
Stargirl repeated
Zatana
Ra’s al Ghul
Aztec Calendar Animal
Aztec Calendar Animal
Batgirl
Riddler
Harley Quinn repeated
Aquaman repeated
The Atom

66 Likes

That’s pretty awesome! Nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you, it was definitely a lot of fun to make!

I loved the Marvel Calendar, as did all of my friends. You’re very talented, and I like your work–it’s and added bonus that you enjoyed the process. I’ve followed on Instagram, so it will give me some interesting things on my feed!

3 Likes

Very nice.

Now, who wants to go join paths and fill them properly so we can engrave it? :wink:

5 Likes

That is awesome work and it’s so generous of you to share the art!

1 Like

Pretty incredible. Thank you!

1 Like

The lines are already joined. I ran the SVG file on my GF and it came out great, considering I did it at 4" versus the 24" I designed it at. If it comes out reversed, deselect the outside circle and use that as a cut path.

16 Likes

Friggin’ Amazing

2 Likes

sweet!

2 Likes

Hmm interesting. When I try to fill it, it fills solid. I thought that was ironclad in terms of what governs engraves? (This is inkscape)

In any case it prevents png export if you wanted to engrave it as a bitmap.

2 Likes

Interesting, I imported the SVG file into the GF apps and it came out just as shown above.

1 Like

Unfortunately the SVG directly from the zip file loads as a single object in the GF UI, and it does engrave in reverse (I added and cut from a different circle after the engrave completed.)

Gotcha, I must have put another circle around everything when I ran it on the GF.

1 Like

Wow, your work is amazing! Thanks for your generous share!

2 Likes

Anyone care to speculate why the same file appears to engrave in reverse, and how to fix it?

1 Like

That is spectacular. Love it!

1 Like

i’m not sure what’s happening, but this is what i’m seeing in illustrator, too. it’s all stroke/no fill.

This is what i see in Illustrator (opening AI or SVG)

And yet, this was how it engraved (cheap piece of scrap wood at 4”, no masking and not cleaned). It has me a little confused.

3 Likes

Which file did you load into the UI? I used the SVG, unaltered. Did you have more than one object in the UI?

I guess I should dl the AI file and see if it’s different…

Well, so much for that, you can’t load AI directly into the GF workspace.

WTH?

So assuming you also used the SVG, what engrave settings did you use? I just went with med draftboard default engrave. which is “sd graphic”

1 Like

I uploaded the SVG. I Opened the svg and AI in illustrator to see what they looked like

The engrave was basswood SD graphic. I did recollection the outside cut line first so I could assign that to cut and engrave the rest.

edit: i can’t explain why it engraves like that, since there are no fills in the SVG.

1 Like