My DC Calendar

This makes no sense at all. Why would the same file engrave in reverse for me and not for you.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you guys are confused, because I was like “Wut??”

Nice to have company.

1 Like

Dumb question of the day: Why are these called calendars?

1 Like

Modeled after the Aztec calendar…

2 Likes

They’re modeled after what is commonly called the “Mayan Calendar” (you know the one that said the world was going to end a couple of years ago :wink:).

But that is actually called the Sunstone if you go see it in Mexico. So it’s a riff on something that isn’t really what people think it is. Three levels of reality removed (including the characters who aren’t real).

4 Likes

If it comes out reversed, you can add another circle to the outside of everything.

did you edit the file and make the outside circle a different color? i made the outside circle red so i could assign cut to it. then everything else i assigned engrave. that may be the one difference.

i can’t explain why it would be different, but if you just straight imported the SVG, you did do something slightly different.

1 Like

I only used the file as provided. I imported a cut circle after the engrave, so that is the difference.

I just now added an outer circle to the original SVG file, and now it engraves correctly:

(I then added a circle in the UI for cutting and obviously didn’t align it correctly, but this is just a small test. Total diameter sis just under 2" - always amazing what we can do with these machines!)

3 Likes

There have been a few minor edits made to the drawing, mostly to close some very small loops I did not see before. I also created an extra file, so there is an SVG available for download with and without an extra perimeter line. This should remedy the issue where some people are printing the inverse.

To download them, use the link above in the original post, linking to my website. This was done so I could track the number of downloads.

Happy printing!!!

6 Likes

You picked the right artist for superman… That’s a fine Curt Swan Superman head you got there. :smiley:

1 Like

I spent a lot of time looking at references of characters that looked like ones I was familiar with as a kid. Gal Gadot would have made a great WW on my design my but I wanted to not be actor specific as much as possible. Like how I used the Aquaman that wore tights! Thank you for your appreciation, cheers!

2 Likes

Personally I prefer the older “truer” WW…Gal Gadot is absolutely awesome and very fitting for a WW 2.0 version but the original is what inspired my love of comics

2 Likes

This is soooooo cool! Thank you!

Thinking it will be a 4" bow for my son-in-law’s Christmas gift. They want cool magnets for the frig. Can’t get cooler than this!

2 Likes

Very cool! That sounds like a great use for this!

1 Like

I cut one the day you posted this, and primed it black, then put it somewhere out of the way to dry… and I just found it today!
A few dollops of Rub-N-Buff later, and it’s ready to go on the wall! Thanks again @kyle_emerick

13 Likes

ooh, rub n buff. i didn’t think about that. hmmm…

Just wondering how you worked all the faces in there, I can’t seem to figure it out. I was going to try make something similar but on flags

Kyle,
How did you get the gradient in your posted design? The others that share theirs from your files don’t seem have any gradient at all?

The original design was cut with a CNC router

This was designed for CNC router. He’s using the appropriate bit. It just so happens that CNC designs often translate to laser well.