My designs gone

Wow. I took a month off for the holidays and all of me designs were deleted. They now want money to not delete your designs.

1 Like

From Glowforge “Working With Catalog Designs” section of their support site:

Store, Export and Save

If you subscribe to Glowforge Premium, you have unlimited storage for as long as your subscription remains active.

Otherwise, designs you’ve opened within the last 30 days are stored. Keep the original file on your computer, or export and save it to your computer when your design is finished, so you don’t lose your work after 30 days. (Catalog designs you own are always stored in your Dashboard, and cannot be exported.)

In the My Designs library, when you point to a design that is nearing 30 days of inactivity and about to be removed, you will see an inactive alert. If you want to use that design in the future, you can do one or both of these things:

• Open the design to keep it active for another 30 days.
  • Export and save the design.

You can also export and save designs to your computer so you can edit them in other design software, such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.

15 Likes

You should email support@glowforge.com, they might be able to help you as a one-off.

We can’t help, Glowforge staff doesn’t read the forum. :frowning:

7 Likes

Yup - not surprised. Just happened to me as well. I really wish there was a retrofit to replace the “brain” of the GF with an open source controller and open source software.

This has been true for quite a while, you can export designs you’ve created if you think you won’t be touching them for 30 days.

2 Likes

That’s what OpenGlow was trying to do for years, sadly they never quite cracked it.

2 Likes

It does not save the layer layout when you save it. I have to rearrange the layers all over again

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.