My Earring Display

Man, you know when you want to make something you just don’t do it for, like, ever? Saw someone make something similar to this and it was right up my alley, so here’s my take. The one floating around now has a base I don’t like, and was a little too plain for me, so I redesigned it from the ground up and added score lines to give it added detail, much like the rest of my work.

Gotta make one bigger to add more of my earrings onto, but for a first go, I dig it.

57 Likes

Very elegant!

4 Likes

That is lovely! I’m eager to see the larger one, once you have it done!

3 Likes

That’s pretty. So elegant!

3 Likes

Love the design, very clean. that acrylic layer in the base is a nice touch.

2 Likes

Which suggests that it might be fun to add a layer up the middle with LEDs shining on each pair of earrings :grin:

5 Likes

Nice design! It really showcases the earrings well.

2 Likes

This works so well to display your lovely earrings. I think the small footprint is great because it lends itself to the area right by a cash register and is not in any way cluttered. It also makes it clear when a sale has been made and re-stocking is in order.

2 Likes

One would think that you’d be able to cut the hexes out to your score line and then glue the new ones onto the existing model. You could get real creative in the shape.

Very nice!

2 Likes

Every time I see the one that inspired your design, I want to come up with a way to make it modular. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s still bouncing around in the back of my brain – maybe some day a solution will pop out!

4 Likes

Hexagonal woodruff keys/wood working biscuits (what ever the term is that I can’t actually think of at this moment). That way the design can be uniform still with out the additional hexs. Maybe even one additional place for something to hang from.

2 Likes

Very nice! I saw this (or your inspiration?) design up at Coupeville Arts Fest zipping by to get to my booth–never got a chance to look at it (or the earrings) in more detail. Would be funny if it was you–first thought when I saw it was “really cool, I bet they have a GlowForge” and then “I’d like to do something like that, too!” (though my leather work is not earrings)–like you, from idea to actual can take years!

2 Likes

Very nice! Inspires me to make an earring display for the earrings you’ve inspired me to make lol

3 Likes

Looks great … really draws your eyes to the earrings! The earrings look awesome, by the way.

1 Like

Looks great! Its always fun to reimagine something. And you did a fantastic job!

1 Like

Sounds like…Can I have a napkin for the beer I spilled, oh and a beer to spill? :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Exactly lol

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unless you’re hanging out in Hawaii, you probably won’t be seeing me :wink:

Hey, making earrings regularly is what keeps me out of the dog house, especially because I’ve been seriously contemplating getting a second Glowforge. I’ve been talking about it for a while, so I’m slowly getting to the point where when it shows up she’ll keep talking to me :sweat_smile:

Oh, modular would be really cool, plus, since I only have the Basic, making this larger is going to be difficult. I think @dklgood makes a good point, I went down to the store that’s selling my stuff and the size is actually really nice.

3 Likes

Very nice and elegant! well done!

1 Like