My first book nook!

I’ve been making and selling book nooks from licensed files from other designers, but finally took the leap and came up with my own unique one. Pretty pleased with how it came out.

36 Likes

Nice…

How do you do your light sources?

3 Likes

Fairy light strings

3 Likes

Battery or corded?

1 Like

I’ve used both. You can grab battery powered or USB plug in ones pretty cheaply on Amazon.

1 Like

Wow, very nice. And that is not even painted! So, if someone wanted they could really make it “pop”!

3 Likes

I am going to need a light placement guide. I can’t seem to get it right.

2 Likes

NIce! Amazing this book nook thing. Who would have guessed this would be a thing. Like those elf doors. These thing never cease to amaze me.

4 Likes

Super nice job on that, especially the lights! I’m not up to date on current mythologies, to me it looks like a Little Red Riding Hood. What’s the theme?

4 Likes

This is lovely, well done!

1 Like

Looks great. I’ve been wanting to try one of these for awhile now

1 Like

I call it Monsters in the Night - Haunted Forest - It is in my Etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/listing/871834009/monsters-in-the-night-haunted-forest

1 Like

Hi, what do you mean by a “light placement guide”?

1 Like

That looks fantastic. The lighting is great and makes me think of campfire light, which is the perfect mood for this piece.

Great job.

3 Likes

Thanks, I ordered some orange film to put over the front LED to see if I can give it a more campfire color compared to the back LEDs.

I tried making a layered shadow box using led strips. I put them at the bottom of the frame, between each layer. Not the effect I was looking for.

1 Like

Excellent project. Nice to hear from you again.

2 Likes

Looks fantastic. Great job.

3 Likes

String fairy lights are much cheaper than LED strips and there is enough wire between each LED that you can pretty much individually place each of them to get what you are looking for.

1 Like