My first design (Layered Right Whale)

I enjoy making these layered pieces but couldn’t find a “Right Whale” which our area is known for, so I had to break down and design one myself. I am in no way considering myself a designer and It’s a first draft so keep that in mind.

6 layers of 1/8” stained Baltic Birch
19"w x 7"h

57 Likes

That’s nice! Excellent background visuals.

4 Likes

I think you nailed it.

This might be of interest to you:

6 Likes

It looks great! Very nice composition.

5 Likes

Wow, that is interesting…sad but interesting. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Love this! The diver is a cool addition!

6 Likes

This turned out great…like your others. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

I love the sunken ship the background on the right. I feel like it could benefit from more background elements on the left, to help “balance” the scene.

Maybe even another background layer in there to help separate the backgrounds and give it more depth?

6 Likes

All good ideas. Thanks

2 Likes

Congrats on making your own! It’s fun to challenge yourself. Love that you added a shipwreck.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’m definitely going down a rabbit hole with this layered stuff. Fun learning though.

5 Likes

This is an excellent first design. There is so much o see. I really like the octopus hiding in the lower fin.

6 Likes

this is awesome , Great job, I need to learn this

3 Likes

Well done!! I haven’t made my own yet but I think you did a fantastic job! Which program did you use ?

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I used AI and have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Very nice! A lot of little details in there. Is that jellyfish in the tail? And I hadn’t noticed the octopus until I read through the comments and saw @rappee25407 mention it!

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes I snuck in 3 jeelys in the tail, the octopus and a little crab under the diver.

4 Likes

These are so cool and look like so much fun!

I hope I have the courage to try to make my own one of these days.

Thanks again for sharing your creations with us!

If you end up making another version, please share it also!

2 Likes

I think it’s great. Particularly love the rays (I’m married to a Ray!)

2 Likes

I love this type of trivia.

3 Likes