My first layered design

So I am going to keep this post short and sweet as I’m typing from the phone this time.

All I can say is awesome!

Now lesson learned here, if you do a photo engrave just take the masking off first. Made this mistake again on the first print of this and the masking takes away a lot of the detail the photos above where the final project with no masking this one below is with the masking on, looks good with masking on:

And taking the masking off all the fine detail gone like sides of the two people’s faces:

Luckily all I had to do was flip it over and engrave on the back for the better one that I posted at top.

Now question? The photo below is the grey striped area the area it won’t cut at all in? I was to afraid to try and drop my design into that area in case it was because this is the first large sheet I put in the machine was unsure but when I zoomed out that gray stripped area isn’t there so idk lol. Anyways it waist like an inch of the product if you can’t cut or engrave on that area.

28 Likes

I guess that ended up longer than I thought lol, I just can’t help myself.

2 Likes

Details are always more interesting. (Great results!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Good job Avenger. I have used many flipped pieces. Photo engraving can be very finicky.

2 Likes

With a smaller design I learned to cut the full sheets into my requirements so I could get the full use of the sheet and not lose the edges.

2 Likes