My first two attempts printing

The coasters are a gift for my sister, the logo is the theater group she and her husband produced for 50 years.

The envelope is an image of my house. Had to play with the power level a bit, in the end 15 worked best.

29 Likes

Great idea on that envelope–I’ve not seen that done before. It came out great!

Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Very interesting engrave on the envelope! It doesn’t compromise the integrity of the paper does it? This is a very unique concept that is new to me!

(Nice coasters too.)

2 Likes

At 17, the railing part cut through. 15 seems to be OK, although doubtless it’s close to the edge. I was walking a fine line between getting the image dark enough while keeping the integrity of the paper.

I was printing on the standard cheap business envelopes. A bit heavier stock of stationary would help.

2 Likes

one think you could do to boost up the interior integrity is to actually put a label on the inside that’s larger than the engrave.

4 Likes

Another option could be create a stamp to add the image to the envelop?

2 Likes

Both good ideas. But I have some other things in mind that would involve engraving on paper, so I was eager to try this first.

2 Likes

i don’t think you could get the same kind of detail on a stamp, but it would be a lot faster to add to the envelop once it’s made.

True. This was a 9 minute print. But I don’t really send that many letters, so that’s fine with me.

1 Like

That is good point.

What about engraving on a label sticker? And then transferring the sticker to the envelop?

Of course just printing on the sticker would be easiest…

Actually that’s one thing I was planning to play with, but not for this application. I like that the image is directly on the envelope. But yes, label stickers have a good deal more thickness.

1 Like

Lovely work - and that’s a great logo!
I’m thinking you need 4 different season shots of your house - so someone in the future knows when in the year it was sent :smiley:

FYI, settings other than PG ones are limited to the Beyond the Manual section of the forum (lawyers). As the majority of the comments on this were on the settings I’d suggest you move your entire post (pencil icon at the top), but you could also create a 2nd entry in BtM and delete all the comments here regarding settings.

1 Like

that’s why i suggested putting it inside. avoid the unattractive part of the label on the outside, but still add to structural integrity.

on the other hand, if you line up labels 5-6 across and make it one image, it will probably take less than 9 mins apiece since the GF will only have to slow down twice per line for 5-6 images vs 10-12 times.

tradeoffs.

Thanks. I don’t know about four seasons, but I was planning to do a summer image when the time comes.
I’ll do my best to move the post as you suggest.

1 Like

Love the envelope! I’d like to see it on a heavier, possibly cream colored envelope…I think you could do something really great for Christmas cards (if you send them out) by having your house all decorated for Christmas in the photo… Thank you for showing this!

What a cool idea. Bet the post man/ lady takes a double take on it. :blush:

1 Like

mail carrier :slight_smile:

2 Likes