My GF has the hiccups

I cleaned up my GF today as I always have in the past, but this time I also cleaned the air assist fan as well, now my cuts are coming out like this, anyone know how I can remedy this issue? It was perfectly fine yesterday.
moon

moon3

Not really sure what I’m looking at but… Is there any chance that the lens was replaced upside down? The bowl side goes up. Flat side down.

are you saying that there is a shift in what should be smooth arcs on this?

Have you rechecked the design to see if something is off?

have you tried another shape like a circle and it is repeatable?

Have you checked the rails and the gantry cable and belt for obstructions?

Turn off the machine and slide the gantry smoothly forward and back. Is there any point with resistance, or a bump? Do the same sliding the lens mount back and forth. Look for cables out of place or debris on tracks that may have gotten shifted during cleaning.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the delay in our reply, @mimicyn. If you’re still seeing this issue, I’d first like to have you turn off the Glowforge and check the laser arm and printer head movement as @timjedwards suggested, looking for any debris impeding smooth travel. If you still see this issue after checking and cleaning the rails and the laser arm, could you please let me know? Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.