My GF stopped moving suddenly

I was using GF and suddenly stopped moving and the button is yellow not blue.

this message was shown ‘Please refresh your browser’ and I did it. but still doesn’t move…

Often this is an indication that the Glowforge is operating outside of the normal temperature conditions, either too hot or too cold.

Is you vent setup clear? Are the air intakes under the Glowforge free and clear? How warm or cold is the room?

Thank you for your reply.

It was cold and raining, Japan is winter now. I always vending outdoors during working.

I put my GF on a floor not a desk…

At first I will clear my GF

What is the temperature in the room?

• Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro

I think it was under 60F

1 Like

The machine will stop and the button glow orange when it is out of temperature range, but it should also say something about the temperature in the UI.

I had used a compactfilter of GF it’s not upgrade one and that was full about 3 weeks. so it’s not smart for me to spend much money to that coz i have to pay much shipping fee to Japan.

Do you have any suggestions to run GF during cold with no compact filter?

The machine draws air in from the room, and blows it out the vent while it is operating.

You need the room to be warmer, and if cold air is coming in the vent while it is not running, block that off until ready to print.

Thank you for giving me advice.
I will do so

1 Like

This problem solved!
Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you for your help @ eflyguy , that’s correct. Great to hear that you are back up and printing, I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other issues please go ahead and post a new topic or contact us directly at support@glowforge.com