My GF Timeline from Purchase to Delivery

Hi. As I haven’t figured out exactly how others are tracking this stuff (I’ve been bit of an intermittent lurker up till this point), I decided to just share my timeline here in case it is helpful.

• Ordered a Basic + Air Filter on 10/11/15
  • Upgraded to Pro on 10/21/15
  • “Golden Ticket” Email on 10/24/17
  • Proofgrade Shipping Email on 10/31/17
  • Proofgrade Arrived on 11/3/17
  • Glowforge Shipping Email on 11/11/17
  • Glowforge Arrived on 11/14/17

Just got the boxes home from my office. The largest box was in really good shape overall; only one of the handles is missing. Not sure when I’m going to get a chance to give it a spin as I have some ventilation challenges I haven’t yet figured out. (I’ll probably post separately about that.)

I’m very glad to see Glowforge moving forward on the shipping and reading the positive reviews of customers who have received their units. I’ve been very patient as I have a lot of experience with crowdfunding and my own start up businesses - but can only imagine how frustrating it has been for folks on both sides when things haven’t gone to plan. Sincere congrats to the GF team who have worked so hard to make good on their promises and deliver the product that got all of us excited enough to order in the first place!!

14 Likes

Here’s “The Spreadsheet”

3 Likes

Congrats! And have fun with it…we love to see pics of the projects people are making. :grinning:

2 Likes

Glad you received it! Have fun!

Ok. Stayed up late and did a few quick prints. Outside the obligatory GF ruler and keychain, I tried my hand at a doodle-puzzle. Er…that was amazing. Here is a Hyperlapse of the GF tracing and then puzzlizing my doodle.

End result was super fun. Crazy that I could do this within an hour of turning it on! Really impressed so far.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbi-XbEDMAi/?taken-by=bpcmusic

I think I’m going to have some fun with this thing. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Wow - for some reason, that puzzle really reminded me of Kurt Vonnegut’s signature!

VonSelfPortLineArt-1-400x388

Shown next to each other, they’re quite different - but there’s a similarity in the flow of the lines, no?

10 Likes

Sweeeet! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And the fun begins! Warning, it is addicting :wink:

3 Likes

Flippin’ sweet.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like