My Glow Forge now starting to COOL at 76 F Degrees instead of the 79 F Why?

So my Glow Forge now has a new temp that it will not work at. ?
How can I get it back to what has been for the Past 3 years ?

Now at 76 F it need to cool down, It used to be 79 F
Can this be fixed at all. ?

1 Like

The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

1 Like

Yes I have the Pro , so I was Ok with 79 but not 76 F that seems to low.

1 Like

are you getting enough air flow through the unit?

3 Likes

Good Call , I am going to clean the vents , see if that helps. Thank you .

1 Like

fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

@coalakida I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is having to cool down at a lower temperature than before.

It looks like @ca_worth had a good idea of checking the air flow of your Glowforge.

To help troubleshoot your issue, could you post a few photos of your exhaust system? Specifically, please include pictures of the following:

1. The exhaust fan from the inside of the unit. To capture this photo:

2. Turn your Glowforge off

3. Open the lid

4. Using both hands, gently pull the printer arm towards you as shown below:

5. Move your phone or camera inside the Glowforge on the left-hand side, past the metal rail, pointed away from you towards the exhaust hose, to capture a photo like the one below:

6. A photo of where your exhaust hose attaches to the Glowforge, where your exhaust hose exits the room, and the path your exhaust hose takes from your Glowforge to the exterior vent or Compact Filter

7. The exhaust connection on the back of your Glowforge, with the exhaust hose removed:

8. Any area where you see smoke escaping from your Glowforge while printing

It’s been some time since we’ve heard from you @coalakida , would you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.