My glow forge stopped cutting/engraving

I received my glow forge today and we were trying to cut the gift to good measure key chain out when it stopped working/cutting. How can I fix this issue? The laser is not working. I am not getting any warnings. It acts like its working but nothing is showing up.

Post pictures of the front and back of the print, along with what time (and timezone) you were printing it.

From your description, it sounds like the tube or power supply died. Support will need to confirm.

This is how much engraved. I was using to basswood provided with my machine.

Did the white ribbon cable come out? Is it still connected? (Turn the machine OFF before you check it.)

I have checked many times with the machine off and unplugged.

That half-engraved “glowforge” is where it just stopped engraving?

Again, note the time and timezone, support can check the logs. If that was the print where it happened, it’s pretty much certain the tube or power supply has failed.

It’s just something that you can check easily, for anything else, support is probably going to have to take a look at your logs, so as soon as they see your post they may have some additional tests for you to try or things to check. Sit tight…they’ll get it squared away.

2 Likes

Yes, I kept moving like its engraving but nothings happening. I’ve taken a video of what it’s doing but I’m not sure if it can be posted on here.

It happened around 6:30-7 Eastern time.

I wrote them an email and tech support has still not gotten to me.

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge was damaged in shipping. I’ll send an email shortly to arrange a replacement.