My Glowforge Basic is Here, Woohooo!

Congrats! Have fun!

With the sideways orientation and wanting a firm grip, it’s just natural to grip it from the side like that. Y’all are making me certainly feel better.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother. :slight_smile: The lens is harder to touch accidentally (since it’s recessed in the head) than the window on the left. I haven’t read the latest user manual but the last step before doing the Founders Ruler should be to use a lens wipe on the mirror, window and lens. That way you know it starts out clean even if someone at the factory thumb printed something :smile:

1 Like

Congrats on the receipt … and four handles! Have fun!

3 Likes

Congratulations. I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Were you there for the flood in 2013? I used to live just up the road a scooch in Ward. Thought we were gonna lose the whole town of Lyons there for a little bit.

2 Likes

Yep. I have some very vivid memories of the flood. We were trapped back here for a couple of weeks without power or communications. Many people here lost almost everything so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

2 Likes

I got a cat because of that flood. My friend used to live in Ward but lived in Boulder during the flood. Her house got flooded and mold was so bad she could no longer rent. The new place she found didn’t allow cats so she had to give her cat away to a friend. The friend sadly passed away and there was no one left to care for the cat. I stopped off on my way from my pilgrimage to Seattle to the mothership and ended up bringing the cat home to Missouri. He gave me 18 months of friendship and love and I’m so happy to have had him. He was sixteen when he passed in the spring this year. Stay tuned for a post. I made a memorial for him but just haven’t documented and posted it yet.

11 Likes

My eyes are leaking, that is SO awesome.

1 Like

Oh, I remember when he was ill…I’m sorry you lost him. :confused:

1 Like