My glowforge is not cutting

hello Im new, my glow forge has around 3 weeks with me, I’ve done several cuts so far, and order of 150 hearts for save the date (1.5in), 25 crosses 3in, 6 place names 6in, today I need to have ready for tomorrow 2 cake toppers, I’ve done everything to cut them, and the laser won’t go through, it just lives it like engraved, it it set to cut, full power, velocity 180, auto focus for 3mm draft board… I took a video of al l my steps, printed, and nop no it just won’t go through, it started like this since yesterday afternoon after the 25 crosses, I thought it was just tired, so I left her rest, start again today and nothing.

I have light coming out of the laser, but won’t cut

help plis… I Have lots of customers waiting for their pieces…

Is the head moving but nothing is happening when you send a job to Print? Or does the head not ever move?

1 Like

Support will ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure on Medium Draftboard using default settings and, if that doesn’t print successfully, post pictures of both sides. Here’s a recent response for a similar issue:

1 Like

yes the head is moving, the laser light is coming out, is doing something it gets to mark it like if it was just engraving, but it won’t go all the way through to do the cuto

Okay, you probably will want to do a cut of the Gift of Good Measure on draftboard as eflyguy suggests. The support team uses it to evaluate the function of the machine.

1 Like

Have you cleaned your optics recently? Could you have put the lens in upside-down?

1 Like

im actually at that point, just doing that at this exact time, printing the gift of good measure… thanks

1 Like

yesterday night when the issue started, I began reading all I could about this and saw that part, of cleaning lens, windows and all, and I did it, and follow the steps with the pictures provided, I install it again as the picture said with the bowl thing… and its moving its working, laser is coming out, is just not going through the 3mm material, I check the tray, I cleaned everything…

than you perfect ok, just did that… But I Missed to put the time, pf my print that was an hour ago… is the only thing
thanks again

Did the Gift of Good Measure cut all the way through?

1 Like

nop.
it did all the score and engrave, it did the line to cut is marked but didn’t go through

Okay, you might need to check the mirror in the head next.

Turn off the machine.
Follow the instructions below to remove the mirror.
Inspect the inside of the head looking for any melted areas…if you see anything that looks unusual, or if the mirror sticks when you are removing it, take a picture and post it here.

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while printing. It looks like you’ve already done some great initial troubleshooting with the help of other community members. Thanks folks!

I see you already emailed us about this and I’ve sent you some next steps there, so I’m going to close this topic.