My Glowforge is not making straight lines

I cut a square everything was fine then I cut another square inside a square and things I etched are being like doubled and lines off, what do I do or why is it doing this?? I was doing this on hardwood walnut then on draft board, same results. I cleaned everything and still the same it wasn’t that dirty.

2 Likes

My guess is either debris on one of the belts / rails, or you’ve got a cracked/broken wheel on the carriage. :grimacing:

5 Likes

That’s not good, how would I figure this out, whether it’s something cracked or broken?

1 Like

On the Support website, the instructions for cleaning your air assist fan walk you through removing and replacing the carriage plate. Remove it and check its 4 wheels for any cracks / breaks.

4 Likes

Thank you for the information and the clue where to look. One of the wheels in the carriage plate is broken. Do you know how/where I can get replacement parts for that? Thanks so much I was really freaking out

Email Glowforge support and ask for replacement wheels or hop on chat if they are available.

3 Likes

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along soon. I don’t recommend emailing in addition, since the top post in this section says creating duplicate tickets slows them down, but if you can catch them on chat you might be able to speed things up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and I have contacted you there for next steps. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.