My glowforge laser hasnt ever fired

I got my glowforge a few days ago and tried my first cuts. The head moved but it never cut at all. The UI seems to think it worked though because it’s says I made something magical even though I made nothing haha. It’s pretty funny except I spent a so much on this thing lol. I was using proof grade material and cutting the gift of good measure. Nothing seems to make light come out of the laser hole lol.

I emailed support and did all the stuff the automated message asked but haven’t gotten anything back yet. Is there anything else I can try?

As the “light” is in the infrared you will never see it coming :slightly_smiling_face:
It would help if you can post a screengrab of just before trying, and if it marks the material at all the top and bottom of that.

Posting in P&S creates a new job number unless you post that here. That causes extra confusion as all the numbers must be tracked down, and then they will close the thread and continue by email.

1 Like

You should call during their open hours. They have great customer service who walks you through troubleshooting and quick follow up afterwards as well.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
It is nice to hear that you have had a great customer service experience. It is something that has been a challenge sometimes. I am just another user, not a Glowforge person.

Welcome to your first post and anniversary of signing up :slightly_smiling_face: you will find there is a lot here to learn and help so welcome to dive in :grin:

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.