My Glowforge pro is slow

lately every time I try uploading a svg on my Glowforge but when I click print.
its extremely slow.

ive been using my Glowforge past year and I never experienced this issue?
is anyone else experiencing this with there Glowforge taking forever to load my design after hitting print?

1 Like

I am not having this issue. Maybe try a different browser and/or clear your cache and see if that helps at all.

1 Like

I have a basic and can honestly say that the app/webpage performance has tanked in the past maybe 2-3 months. But this past week or so it has been hell to get anything done.

I suspect it has to do with the “premium subscription” (or lack of) :roll_eyes:

Most likely it has internet saturation all over it.

everybody got access to faster servers a while ago. with premium they boosted the speed above that. However, think about the last couple of months. MORE people stuck at home working. more kids getting out of school. MORE and MORE streaming from everybody. the pipes are only so big. and depending on how many hops your data has to travel to the cloud, you are probably getting bogged down at each hop. it is a bummer.

4 Likes

Oh definitely. I remember early COVID when the ISP/streaming services were begging folks to slow down, they couldn’t handle it.

If only there were a stand alone program that one could install on a home desktop… :thinking:

That was never in the cards with this machine.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble.

Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Thanks for sending that over. Everything appears to be in check with your browser. To investigate further, could you share the SVG file in question with us? If you don’t feel comfortable posting it on the forum, you can email it to us at support@glowforge.com.

RUDE SNOWFLAKE-05

The design doesn’t have a cut stroke around it, if this is a single color engrave you might try making a bitmap copy of it to engrave, maybe that will help you. Just throwing that out there, support will get back to you.

cut stroke huh? ill try to figure out how to do that on illustrator maybe that would help. thank you so much.

do u know by any chance know how to do a cut stroke and bitmap copy on illustrator

Sorry, I don’t, I use Inkscape. Hang tight someone who does know illustrator will help you out soon.

ohh I use that too. I just started using it. seems better but just confusing a little

I just did the bitmap on Inkscape then uploaded to glowforge and that’s awesome. it literally made 4 separate boxes!
this will def come in handy. ur an angel.

1 Like

I wonder what the empty boxes are do you know @PrintToLaser

I don’t. When I save that image you posted as an SVG and load it into the glowforge UI I only have the snowflake, no other steps.

what I loaded was a vector image, not a bitmap. Those thumbnails on the sidebar there show 2 different fills. Did you want to engrave part of that or just cut it out?

See if this is what you want…

RudeFlake2

RudeFlake2.ai (415.2 KB)

I changed your FILL to a STROKE. By doing that it won’t engrave but instead will cut out the flake. I uploaded it as an SVG and an AI file so you can modify how you want. Is this what you are trying to do?

edited: you will have to click the blur as this is suppose to be a family friendly forum per the guidelines.

4 Likes