My horrible experience should be a caution if you are waiting

Another reason why GF needs someone to answer their phone.

2 Likes

I suspect what she means is if you have it shipped to an intermediary in the US who reships it to you, you would be taking on additional shipping risk vs shipping directly from Glowforge.

4 Likes

Sigh. It’s not discouraging. I swear people in this forum are just ready to get mad about something all the time. People who are desperate to get their units are choosing to ship to a friend or family in the states and have them ship it to them. If it gets destroyed being shipped from a friend, that’s not Glowforge’s responsibility to replace. Even if you have insurance on it, that money will allow you to buy a new one… At the end of the line.

5 Likes

People on the forum are from all over the world, and English isn’t everyone’s first language. Some stuff can get little lost or mixed up in the translation.

3 Likes

Argh! I’m so sorry that happened. What a disappointment.

1 Like

Thanks Melissa for clearing that up. Your explanation makes sense now.

It just came out of the blue without anything leading up to shipping within the US and have somebody else ship it to Europe…

Hope your GF replacement is on it’s way soon.

Greetings, Elwin

1 Like

While it might be nice to talk to the folks at GF HQ, in this case I believe the actual shipper is Flex.

4 Likes

ah, right-o

1 Like

I see
Support just closed your case, What was their response? Had they already shipped the replacement?

They said they have it in process and let logistics know that the shipper reached out to pay for expedited shipping. So, yeah if it was Flex they called then it would require some logistics and is understandable. I just want to know it is being worked on so I can stop biting all my fingernails off lol

1 Like

Yeah. My poor boyfriend (the one rolling the box around in the video lol) for once couldn’t fix it and at the end of the day I said you know… it feels like we were in a car crash… that’s how I feel right now… almost numb. He said, that is it exactly. He built me a room for my Glowforge, so it was like Christmas for him too. It was about the last thing we expected. I really hope logistics matches up the expedited shipping UPS is offering for it and gets it out soon. I hope that you @dan got some much needed rest over the holiday but are cracking that whip again today. haha

2 Likes

The Holiday probably tripped this one up. I know support was on last week, I got a response, and a fix. I think it was actually Dan with one hand on the keyboard and the other on a piece of pie.

3 Likes

Really? I received one defective and one damaged in transit before I got a working machine. If it’s rare, then I guess I just have bad luck.

What a rotten experience, I feel ya @rubbersoul79

3 Likes

UGH we had discussed that I think that might almost be worse to THINK you have one ready to go… atleast I didn’t accept it as per the email they sent out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: On the phone with the factory today making sure everything’s on track. I was with family thurs & fri but the team worked nonstop over the weekend to keep sneaking ahead of our latest schedule. We anticipate setbacks because of Murphy’s Law, but while everything’s going smoothly, we’re pulling out all the stops to get ahead.

6 Likes

I helped with a few tickets over the holiday but the amazing folks on the CS team had coverage around the clock.

7 Likes

At this point there are somewhere in the thousands shipped, and (at least from people posting) somewhere in the double digits of horror stories. So I don’t know if you consider that “rare”.

And I admit I’m sort of spoiled here, because my machine arrived with only minor box damage and has been working fine every since I sorted out the wifi…

1 Like

If your suppositions are correct (thousands shipped, double-digit issues) then the fails are in the single or sub-single digits. That is consistent with rare relative to a product like this at it’s current spot on the maturity scale.

3 Likes

Thank you as always for all you do and put up with @dan . MY SO works in manufacturing and I know it never really stops. :slight_smile: I realize now that my warranty days are ticking even though I don’t have a replacement on the way a week out. Bumming me out. I don’t know if UPSs offer to pay for and expedite my shipping is what is holding it up, but I sure hope not. chews off fingernails

1 Like

Hopper idea - https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/25/13048668/vanmoof-shipping-damages-dutch-bicycle-design

3 Likes