My laser head doesn’t glide smoothly left to right

So my glowforge just randomly started engraving and cutting like this. It was fine all day then the next cut it wasn’t and now I can’t get it fixed. I took the cartridge off and all wheels are intact and not broken, the belt is the correct way, and the tension seems just fine after looking that up.

What else can I do? I’m currently waiting on a refurb on my second machine and now my original one is doing this, so I’m desperate to get it cutting correctly again

Mine did that once. Found that one of the bearings inside one of the infamous wheels was not turning freely. A little bit of cleaning and lubrication and all is well now.

1 Like

Ok, so I took apart as much as I could, and cleaned and then lubricated the wheels. I took a video of how it glides without the belt attached, then how it does when I attach the belt. Any ideas?

Hello there,
Thanks for reaching out with your machine issue. I’m sorry to see that you’re having this trouble with your machine. However, It looks like you’ve opened an email trouble ticket concerning the issue, so we’ll work to resolve your issue there. That said, I’m going to close this topic. Thank you.