My latest photo engrave

Here is my photo engrave on ⅛ Baltic birch. 90 power, 1000 speed, 270lpi, vary power. Processed the photo in gimp with the da big gimp V3 plugin

35 Likes

Nice work! How do you like using the plugin?

1 Like

It’s a game changer…the plug-in does the heavy lifting and then I can tweak it to my liking. Not to mention making the change to gimp saves that monthly subscription cost that you get with that other commercial product.

2 Likes

This is a great rendition.

1 Like

Perhaps I will give it a try!

Wonderful picture. Your engraving came out great.

1 Like

I love this picture.

1 Like

Fantastic turn out!

1 Like

Thank you David….I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out

1 Like

Thank you…I am going to try it again on hard maple lumber and see how it compares.

Thank you…the important thing is that my bride is pleased with the way it turned out.

1 Like

Ahhhh … yes! You are a very smart man!

I’m waiting on my glowforge so this is all new to me. I would love to do something like this of my Mom and Grandma that’s singing in Heaven. What is this “ Processed the photo in gimp with the da big gimp V3 plugin”

You will need a graphics program like photoshop or it’s free cousin Gimp to prepare your photos for engraving. Da Big Gimping V3 is a plug-in that automates a good deal of the photo prep…then you can do the final tweaks. Do a search on the community page for photo engraving, there is some excellent tips and advice.

1 Like

This is beautiful!

Thank you