My lens seems to have a blemish and is this the reason I can't get a decent cut?

1 Like

Try soaking the spot in alcohol then use a Q-Tip with alcohol to see it that removes it. It may just be residue from use…

6 Likes

Thank you I will try it right now

That did the trick Thank you!

2 Likes

You are very welcome…

1 Like

Clean optics are paramount. Any residue on them gives the infrared energy (heat) something to deposit itself on. It will eventually burn them.
I check mine every 3rd or 4th time I use the machine. The window under the left side is the first to show accumulation because it is in the path of the evacuated smoke. The window on the head is next, and the lens only needs cleaning occasionally.

2 Likes

Hi @nhammerling, I’m glad to see that @gamn1958 was able to help resolve the issue. Thank you @gamn1958!

As @PrintToLaser mentioned, clean optics are incredibly important. You’ll want to get into the habit of regularly inspecting and cleaning them in order to achieve the best print results.

Since the issue is resolved, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you still need help with this issue or anything else please either start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to help!

1 Like