My Lid is falling apart

Catching up on Christmas gifts, as I was opening the lid the plastic handle just came off. When inspecting the lid I also noticed that the glass has deboned from the right hinge.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

If you’re under warranty, then you’ll want to wait for Support and do the ship back & get it repaired/replaced.

If you’re not under warranty anymore, then you can have GF do it ($200 to ship plus then they’ll tell you what it’ll cost to fix after they’ve looked at it). Or you can try doing it yourself. Several people have had success with E6000 adhesive. But you’ll want to take the pieces apart so you can scrape/clean off any residue from the prior adhesive. Do a search for gluing lid and you’ll find a bunch of threads.

3 Likes

I had the exact same thing happen with the front piece. I elected to use 2 part epoxy instead of just adhesive as it is better for glass adhesion. Judging by the small amount of factory epoxy that was there, I’m not surprised it had eventually come loose. If you elect to glue it yourself, just be sure you clean offf the old glue and wipe down the glass well to be sure there are not any oils from your hands.

This is what I used: https://www.homedepot.com/p/J-B-Weld-25-ml-ClearWeld-Quick-Set-Epoxy-Syringe-50112/204986141

7 Likes

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your unit’s lid. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like