My machine never shipped

My machine has not shipped, “due to a technical error” neither chat, FB messenger or email have been helpful. Via FB messenger from the Glowforge page I was promised it would be shipped yesterday, it has not and nobody can tell me why or when.
Can someone help me? I just want some answers, better yet, the machine I’ve paid for. :frowning:

FYI By opening multiple threads (chat/email/here) you’ve slowed down the process of getting a response. This is definitely a support question, so you’ll need to wait for them to get back to you

THAT BEING SAID - most of us didn’t get a shipping notification from the company prior to finding out from UPS/Fedex that a package was on the way, so if you haven’t already, sign up for both company’s notification systems. There’s a good chance that even if 1 box had issues that the other one is on its way

Fingers crossed - and welcome to the community! Spend some time reading around here and get your ideas ready for your 2nd print! :smiley:

1 Like

They will get you the information as soon as possible, but the people you are contacting are not the ones shipping, the units are manufactured at a plant in California. And there is an earthquake happening right now in Seattle.

So expect delays in hearing about it.

The promise of it being shipped yesterday, and the confusing with chat when they confirmed it did not ship, and have no idea why or when is what’s making me super frustrated.
They have no problem updating their Instagram account, so you would think they could reply via Facebook, email, or anything!

Earthquake. They might have their minds on other things at the moment.

1 Like

Yikes ! and thinking about it how far was the MFG plant from the California Quake?

:grimacing::upside_down_face:

I believe that one was far enough away in the desert that it didn’t affect the plant. But if this one is a pre-shock like the one in CA they might have other things going on. (This one was smaller at 4.6.)
@mnemosyne has the information on it here…still haven’t seen anything in the news.

Okay, aeva just popped in…everything okay in Seattle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

FWIW, if the person who runs their instagram tried to answer your question, you would be unsatisfied with it. asking a social media person what’s going on in shipping and fulfillment is like asking the person who washes the towels for a football team why your parking pass isn’t working.

3 Likes

The person running their FB page was actually helpful, and is the one who promised shipping, and figured out why it hadn’t shipped in the first place.
Nobody on email or chat was able to. Seems a bit backwards.

the person answering you on FB may be working as support. but people posting social media content are not normally support people.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.