My Marvel Calendar

Well, this is AMAZING. I’m gonna have to give it a go on the CNC at my Makerspace!

1 Like

Sounds good, let’s see it here when you get it done!

Love that Deadpool is opposite captain America :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Me too!

You mean, “:skull::poop:L”?

:joy_cat:

5 Likes

As soon as I get more material I’m printing this for my wall! My hubs is drooling on my keyboard as I type.

Did anyone have trouble getting the GFUI to prepare the SVG for this? I’ve uploaded and am trying to print but the GFUI hangs on “Preparing Your Design” and then eventually the dialog goes away and I have to try again. Is there a trick around this? Maybe I use a different format?? Any ideas? Thank you!!

Seems like converting to pdf worked! The GFUI processed it as a pdf…not sure why it had trouble with the SVG for me…

Anyone have any tips for removing the masking after engraving? I’m using my fingernail to remove the masking but there must be a better way?!?!!

Sandpaper? Duct tape? ???

Thanks!!

don’t mask when you engrave. that’s the real answer.

Definitely a job for Gorilla Tape…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KTLRUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Well the masking controls the over burn…it looks cleaner when the masking is removed…

I’ll give it a try if it works!

you can clean afterward with something like denatured alcohol. but when you have shallow points to an engrave it often doesn’t actually make it all the way through the mask and you get lots of masking residue.

Yes that’s what I am dealing with for sure! I’ve seen other posts mentioning the Alcohol…What does it do? Is it okay on the wood?

it cleans off the char. you don’t want to get too carried away, but denatured alcohol and a toothbrush does a great job of cleaning up the char.

I’ll have to try that! Thx!

This would make a perfect clock! Great work!

2 Likes

Engrave without masking and then wipe the material down with a baby wipe afterwards. No joke. Baby wipes are the best!

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a try!!

1 Like