My Marvel design on my iPad

I laser engraved my Marvel Character Disc (calendar) design onto my iPad. Next one I’ll do the inverse and get the alignment setup better. Aluminum tape worked great to keep it from destroying the camera lens and other sections like the logo, speakers and buttons.

I did a manual engrave of my design at a height of .24" with speed set to 400 and power at 45%. It’ll be pretty sweet when the alignment is perfected. Object identification will be epic.

I had to split the image into 4 sections to get my GF to perform the print. But I’ll take if for now!

63 Likes

Pretty great job on it! (And very brave!) :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes, a gutsy move but it came out great!

3 Likes

Wow! Really fab result. Using reflective aluminum tape would have had me scared about flashback. I wonder what the alternative would be.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard other people doing it without issue so I gave it shot. I also had the iPad tilted a few degrees on the crumb tray to keep the laser from bouncing back.

2 Likes

I can’t believe you tried a tiled print on your iPad. Gutsy but it paid off.

2 Likes

Not so sure I’d want to do this on mine … but, cool to see on yours!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the settings. Sad that you had to break the digital files into parts. Grrr… come on Glowforge software department, we need you.

2 Likes

Love that you took a chance, that’s what cases are for (if it doesn’t work). I recycle my I things, so if it didn’t work so what. Taking chances is what life’s about. Bravo!

1 Like

My iPad Mini is in serious trouble later today. Don’t have the courage to do my MacBook Air but I will take a chance on the mini.
Love what you did to yours! Nice work.

3 Likes

Can I get a copy?

1 Like

Just a reminder, it’s against forum rules to ask for files. It would be a good idea to check out the Free Laser Design section of the forum. Perhaps they shared it there?

1 Like

Search Marvel on this site, I shared it on the proper forum here.

I am new and I didn’t realize that. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

That’s OK! It’s happened to us all at some point in time. Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Just WOW congrats.

2 Likes