My most ambitious project yet

I think it looks great in white. It will sit apart from any other colors and lights that will be viewable. Good job

As beautiful as I knew it would be. :heart_eyes: You might want to try to add masking to avoid the staining, and then use Gorilla tape to weed it after. By using one of those box-making pages you can make it with strong corners as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For fun, I masked a round of burns, and it actually was just as sooty / brown as the unmasked pieces, and the masking tape, actually blocked the cuts… Fail whale! - I know masking is great in a LOT of projects, this beast has a agenda of its own.

Jonathan

2 Likes

I THINK I have found the ‘secret sauce’ to my problem, IF I do 5 or 6 Lower power cuts - the finish is cleaner and the lattice cuts are all good, I have been dealing with inconsistencies when I do a cutting and there has been no commonality where it cuts and where its uncut, SINCE THE GF will maintain the settings, as long as you do not move anything, I can pull out the cutouts, clean whats loose, put them back in, tape down if needed and re-run, it is time consuming and you are making your GF work for a living, BUT the finished peice looks cleaner and with less broken off pieces!

Pictures of the results to follow:

3 Likes

VIOLA!!!

9 Likes

Nailed it!!

1 Like

Wonderful design, and it turned out great. :bird:

1 Like

Thanks! - now that I slayed THAT dragon, ONTO MY NEXT PROJECT!!!
:stuck_out_tongue:
Jonathan

2 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

In August 2017 I drove from Las Vegas, NV to Rigby Idaho to take pictures of the Total eclipse, I want to do a mixed media, photograph / Burn on a piece of wood… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl:

REALLY !! Honest Injun!

1 Like

Gorgeous!!

I was so focused on finding a good site for eclipse pictures on the east coast that I had entirely forgotten it crossed the whole country. Ended up on the GA/SC line. The 2024 eclipse will be even longer duration but April in the Eastern U.S. is a crap shoot for weather.

1 Like

My sister lives in upstate NY (near Seneca falls, NY) its a 50 mile drive to Rochester, which is 50 yard line for the 2024 eclipse. – THAT is my plan!!

Jonathan

PS: I took that picture of the eclipse

2 Likes

Instead of looking up during the eclipse, look for heavily dappled shade, and catch a thousand pinhole cameras blooming :grin:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Truly georgeous Peacocks! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

So many places that could use such a design. :slightly_smiling_face:

Want the files?

Peacocks.zip (280.4 KB)

4 Likes

Laughing because you asked how did I know?! Can’t wait to see how the eclipse turns out. Great photo! I remember the road trips everyone were doing at the time.

Wow. Thanks.

Thank you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: