My new hero

This is pretty stellar.

17 Likes

I’m too tired to think of a knitting- or space- related pun, but I really like this.

2 Likes

We’ll needle you til you think of one…

3 Likes

We’ll comet you until you give us one…

3 Likes

Can’t we draw out this thread? Spin us a yarn!

2 Likes

I’ll be on pins and needles until you come up with something…

3 Likes

You guys all have me in stitches!

Phew.

5 Likes

That’s the spirit! Curing cancer is hard, star puns are easy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting, but…

Her accomplishment — knitting with bird’s-eye backing using one knit per pixel in three colors — might not mean much to anyone outside of the knitting community.

Indeed, it is complete gibberish to me. So it would be nice if the article explained it. Grr.

Edit: the author couldn’t be bothered to link sources, so I went and found it. If anyone else is interested in the technical details: http://heartofpluto.co/2017/04/02/algorithms-of-multi-coloured-knitting/

4 Likes

I don’t really know how to knit either but I think it means every one pixel of her image translates to one little fibery thingie that gets caught on my watch band. I’m so glad real pixels don’t catch on my watch band.

5 Likes

A lot of my fiber arts friends are mooning over this.

4 Likes

I see what you did there. It’s like a double entendre, because it’s stellar and it’s stellar.

It’s great how things work out like that when you planet.

7 Likes

Speaking of planning, someday I would like to take on a meatier project like this one.

2 Likes

That would be hot! I’m sure it would have a lot of impact.

2 Likes

Probably, but I have a hard time focusing on such a big thing. I need a steroid for my brain or something.

2 Likes

It would rock to have something like that. Wouldn’t want to get in the way of someone super focused that way, though. Too easy to get kicked … orbit.

(Ok, I have to run. Will check back later.)

1 Like

… headed to a satellite location?

Yes, I am stationed at a conference this weekend.

1 Like

Well, let us know when you get out of your return vehicle.

1 Like