My new series of Layered portraits 🙈

:grin:

1 Like

Great originals! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sigh… I wish I could draw, these are amazeballs!!!

3 Likes

You can do it :hugs:

I was looking at the first pic and thought wow, @quinnine2 is doing sublimation now. Then I saw the closeups and it blew me away. Such a master if color!

3 Likes

Wow thanks…yes all colored by hand. Maybe one day I try my other hand at sublimation. Been looking at uv printers but way outta my price range🤔

2 Likes

Um, wow.

Are these portraits of actual people that you know? There is so much personality in each one.

Did I already say wow?

4 Likes

That is a wonderful style, there. The colors really make it pop!

3 Likes

These are amazing and I love them so much!

2 Likes

Yes I was wondering if you took orders to do actual people :exploding_head:

1 Like

You have such a unique art style! Lovely work. So glad you have a Glowforge!

2 Likes

Love Love Love!!!

2 Likes

I guess you can say they are a mash up of people and imagination…when it comes to trying to get peoples likeness I’m not the greatest. Think I put to much pressure on getting them to look exactly like the person that I fail miserably. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::yum:

4 Likes

:grin::grin:

Many thanks…this is what I got my forge for.

2 Likes

yay… thanks for the wows…appreciated🙏

2 Likes

I think the idea is to take the most outstanding features and exaggerate them a bit. I used to be able to make an animal look alive by subtle positioning but never was able to do realistic people. It gas been so long I doubt I could do any of it now.

Everything has been said … but your work is so impressive! So glad you shared photos!

2 Likes

Very interesting. The coloring is great on these.

3 Likes

For some reason I think of two of my favorite modern picaresque novels: Handling Sin by Michael Malone, and Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. Although they also would work for Infinite Jest by DFW or any Pynchon novel.

What I am saying is that you have captured in art what they have captured in words.