My Perfect Pro Platform

This is kinda a double post, sorry I can’t find my original.

I built a slide out platform for my pro, so I can run larger stuff thru the passthru slots, and had issues with making a collapsible vent pipe, and went thru several versions until I found the ‘secret sauce’
here are the photos.

9 Likes

What makes the sauce secret? What are the parts list?

2 Likes

LOL, the secret was an Infinity 4" hose, that’s an aluminum hose coated in plastic, so it can handle the opening and closing without developing the pin holes like the cheaper plain aluminum tubing…

2 Likes

Something I need to work on, but probably have to wait til we can get into a new house. Looks good though!

1 Like

Pretty sure that is the same hose I am using.

1 Like

It’s a :poop:load better then the homedepot hose that comes with The GF

Love those little peeks into someone else’s shop. What’s on the walls, on the shelves, etc.

my house is a museum
when people come to see em
it really is a scream…

its the collection of a 63 year old male, living in Las Vegas.
everything from a ‘knighthood’ from the nation of Sealand, to apple stock, to god!
a ton of stuff!!!

Jonathan

I actually really like the insulated duct from home depot. It’s solid plastic, and the insulation greatly cuts the noise of both internal and external fans. You could easily slot it into your solution.

2 Likes

actually with bringing the infinity fan outside, my setup is whisper quiet with the singing of the laser as its only accompaniment.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen that one, but Harbor Freight actually sells a pretty decent kit.

It has more than what most people need since it’s a dust collector accessory kit, and not sure if the hose is sold separately, but the hose works fantastic.

2 Likes

Your work area looks about as tidy as mine…

1 Like

If a cluttered desk is the sign of genius I AM EINSTEIN

2 Likes

My external fan solution:

2 Likes

oooohhhh moving the fan outside. I did not see this post before. Going to have to think about this idea! I wonder if my neighbor would complain. (I have one particular neighbor in mind…) On the other hand, considering how loud our A/C units all are, it’s a quiet as a kitten purring. lol

I have witnessed some amazingly loud kitten purrs.

2 Likes

For folk into dragons (includes dragon purring) from old AOL Chat days…
dragon noises.zip (472.9 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.