=( My Schools wifi network is evil!

Hey everyone. My GF+ arrived and I have her all in place in my room at my school district. Unfortunately my school has crazy security on the wifi and does not just allow “rogue” devices on their network…

The tech guys there are cool and are working with me, but I would like to make sure I am aiming for the right kind of connection first with you all.

My teacher PC is on a wired network. Whole different set of IP’s than the wifi… Will I still be able to send items to the GF+ from that PC or do I need a separate PC on the same wifi network as the GF+.

Thanks for the time!

Mike

The Glowforge web application and the unit itself both communicate with the Glowforge servers rather than directly between themselves. So, you should be fine with your PC and Glowforge on different networks.

3 Likes

That is exciting news! The guys created a virtual wifi hotspot for my room so the kids could code on App Creator with my android phones that were donated…

Sounds like just need them to create another virtual wifi hotspot that allows the Glowforge to phone home. =)

If it was not the end of the day after 29 years of teaching middle school… I might do a cartwheel. =)

Thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer @evermorian , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like