My second time ....new Eco-Iron on

Sheesh…can’t believe what a total beginner I am! (well, on second thought…yes I can). As I said, I’ve never worked with iron-on stuff at all.

Thanks for the direction and especially those photos. I have a tendency to follow directions literally so when something says cut, I cut.

This makes perfect sense and I can see now that I’ve been doing it the hard way.

Now it should be fun instead of drudgery. :grinning: :hugs:

10 Likes

You’re doing just fine :slight_smile: The instructions on the package are … slim.

8 Likes

Yup, I trashed my first sheet. There’s a learning curve to everything.

8 Likes

I did this on my Glowforge with Siser Easy Weed. I had a design that was just so intricate I knew was going to just be a bear to weed if I cut it on my Silhouette. I figured out the engrave settings for my Basic. It took a very long time since it was large but it sure saved my eyes and my sanity.

8 Likes

This is it. I don’t remember where I found the design but I just made it for one of my kids… Can you imagine weeding that?

17 Likes

Gorgeous! It looks like Siser EZ weed might be the way to go if you want to engrave. I tried it with Eco Iron On and it just turned into a goopy mess. I wasn’t able to find good engrave conditions (but if anyone comes up with some, I’m all ears!).

8 Likes

Okay, I’m a little confused, because I’ve never done any iron-on stuff using my GF (never even thought about it until now). Does the engraving basically remove/destroy the parts that would otherwise be weeded? This might be something I want to try now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ellencadwell yes. It takes all the HTV away but leaves the carrier sheet so there is nothing left to weed.

8 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

HOLY COW

Yeah, I have cut HTV for a long time and I would never even try this design. Great to see it done via laser engrave.

4 Likes

It is difficult, but if you make certain you’ve ironed it on tightly, intricate images are very possible and lots of fun! (I love the little mouse hole vinyls for the baseboards, so I designed one of my own)

14 Likes

Good looking transfer.

Try putting the top of the transfer 2.5"-3" down from the bottom of the collar line.

If you want to stock up on blank shirts, check out jiffyshirts.com.

6 Likes

Frequently, on people with breasts, that puts the majority of the design “over the curve”. Higher ones work either way.

8 Likes

Totally fair, I was thinking men’s tees only for some reason.

With a new kind of women’s tee I always have to measure with a model to figure out the right placement.

6 Likes

Thanks! With this HT medium I might make some of the T-shirt’s I have been imagining.

5 Likes

Doesn’t it fume chlorine?

1 Like

The Siser Easy Weed does not have vinyl in it.

6 Likes

I didn’t know! thanks for the info!

3 Likes

“Over the curve…” I like that! After a lifetime as an A cup, when I got old as dirt I suddenly became a D, so I’ve got a lot of curve.

6 Likes

As the well endowed daughter of a bee sting mother, I was introduced to those differences very early!

4 Likes