Nailed it! 😁

Does mastercam have a “pre” script where you can enter G-Code to do something before the job. About 50% of the fails I have had have been related to “pre” scripts having some crazy command that got edited, or deleted, etc…

3 Likes

yeah, but it’s all pre-canned stuff. I use mastercam for solidworks at the current moment until we can fully transition to F360. you select the machine, make or bring in the part, select the toolpath type, set the parameters, and it generates your code. I’ve looked through, nothing jumps out as wrong.

Might that be the programmed tool change position? On my Tormach mill with PathPilot controller, the tool change position is set by positioning the spindle at the desired Z-position and clicking on a “Set G30” button.

1 Like

no tool changes in this operation, all with 1/4" endmill.
I run a Haas TM1P, 10 toolbit carousel.

Is there a G30 in the startup code? Haas seems to have good support so a call to them would probably get a quick answer.

1 Like

Want to post the code up to the point that it fails?

Any g49s in there? My machine does weird things with g49 in some situations. (It rapids down to some unknown Z value, smashing into whatever might be in thd way.)

Does it literally try to go 15" higher, or was that an estimate/approximation or for brevity?

The code looks the same as all the previous successful parts, and I’m running the set-up just like all the previous 100 times. Something must have been changed in the machine settings. Downside of sharing a machine with students.
I don’t want to take over this awesome thread with my woes. If I find the bug, or I’m still stuck, I’ll start a new thread and link this.
thanks everyone! Sorry Jules!

2 Likes

ROFL! No prob! I’ve derailed a few in my time. (Okay, a LOT!) :smile:

2 Likes

Vegetable tanned leather really likes Neatsfoot oil or any other quality leather conditioner. That and just using it will make it pliable. If the leather is really dry it’s best to condition it well before working it as the grain may crack.

7 Likes

Thanks for tip! Also, I just remembered the leather kit that I have for my leather Uggs. I wonder if the conditioner in that would work?

2 Likes

No problem. Without knowing what the conditioner is… if it works for the Ugg boots it should be good for other leathers. Mine is made from beeswax and oil.

Sorry if this is considered spam:

7 Likes

I’ve used Leather Honey stuff on occasion. Not a big leather owning person so it was just something I quick grabbed from Amazon but it cleaned my black leather duster quite nicely and the conditioner has worked well on both it and the two couches we have.

1 Like

Looks like good stuff! First I must get some leather though, and then laser it.

3 Likes