Napkin holder for Mom

My mom asked me to make a napkin holder in the style of my Kumiko lantern. This is what I came up with.

(Edited to add a “professional” photo :wink: )

Edit #2: Okay, okay, at the urging of my Hubs and FB, the design is for sale: https://www.etsy.com/listing/769001361/yoshiko-napkin-holder-svg-vector-pattern

84 Likes

Ohhhhh…i do like that! (And I need to replace the one I’m using now - it has to be refilled too frequently.) :grinning:

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous

Now I’m thinking of all the other things you could do for the table: lazy susan, salt/pepper shaker holders, trivets/trivet holder…the list is never ending!

6 Likes

Wow. Just wow.

8 Likes

Love that! Very beautiful!

6 Likes

nice!

and it was not what i was expecting. i was thinking it was going to be vertical, not horizontal.

5 Likes

Love it

5 Likes

Gorgeous! My youtube stream now has a bunch of Kumiko videos showing up on it, thanks to your previous posts.

7 Likes

That’s incredibly elegant!

3 Likes

You’ve really hit your stride with this style! All the little touches combine into something so elegant…

5 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: I think I’ve gone a little overboard with the kerf tightness, though…I couldn’t get one of the panels to go all the way in, and finally noticed I’d gotten a hair caught in the joint. Maybe I should loosen up a little! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Totally stunning work. :heart_eyes: All that design together in the same table … inlaid place settings, Coasters, salt &pepper holder, napkin holder, Engraved silverware handles, candelabra, chandelier … :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Beautiful!

5 Likes

Very nice. So much prettier than my napkin holder which looks an awful lot like a paper towel holder.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Truly lovely. I mean the Kumiko design itself is so beautiful, but the design of your box is amazing, as well. Fantastic combination.

4 Likes

it’s one of the negatives to having darker hair. you have to account for more kerf than if you were a blond.

5 Likes

I mean, I can’t even, this is so nice! Love it!

4 Likes

Very elegant!

2 Likes

Wow. As I said, STUNNING!

And the slight curve and ‘flare out’ on the corners… adds so much. Truly inspiring.

3 Likes