Narwhals! So Many Narwhals!

I wanted to try out the low power settings, so what should I cut… Narwhals.

I stole got the image from @smcgathyfay’s Narwhal phone stand design.

I decided to try out the blank playing cards I ordered.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4CZQ14

And here we are!

The cuts were deeper where it had to slow down around corners. You can see the burn marks. Oddly enough, only one pinhole is visible from the back.

But wait, this is card stock! Lets see what happens when I grab a regular sheet of printer paper!

I tried to turn the mark in the top left into an engrave instead of a cut. It didn’t come out.

Wait, now my wife saw it and loved it. Now she wants one to take to work with her! I decided to fill the mark in the top left and adjust some of the power setting to see if I get some more contrast.

I really like how this one turned out. Its interesting because the mark on the top left was the lowest power setting, but it came out the darkest.

Here is a comparison between the 3 of them.

71 Likes

Dang it. Now I’ve got custom playing cards on the docket. When will the inspirations stop?

6 Likes

Oh, wait!

I can use this for custom Catan cards to go with the custom Catan board. Then I have to decide if I will :glowforge: pieces or 3D print them. Decisions, decisions…

8 Likes

Card blanks, laserable.
Dice blanks, laserable.
18X18 Blank Game Board, laserable (I think, hello passthrough).

There are whole new vistas of opportunity here.

12 Likes

:squeee: I thought that guy looked familiar…lol
The filled in accent looks better anyway. :grinning:
Nice job!! Loving the low power ability.

4 Likes

Yeah… card and dice blanks are absolutely in my future. And I will be spending a LOT more time at boardgamegeek…

4 Likes

So cool!

@jason.fuller0… the very first Robot Turtles prototype was made on that.

17 Likes

Since you had Narwhals on the mind maybe this will help you keep them there awhile longer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigFBBol3n8 enjoy the vid.

3 Likes

Pretty amazing what that experience hath wrought!

2 Likes

When I clicked on the link and saw “you purchased this item” it kind of blew my mind.

The thing about that board (that you’ll know if you watched the Robot Turtles outtakes) is it kind of looks like it’s broken, but it isn’t broken at all.

8 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! :tired_face:

1 Like

"Don’t be the narwhal song. Don’t be the narwhal song. “
Click
"Dang it! It’s the narwhal song!”

7 Likes

Click where?? Oh that link, but I don’t think it is…

OH NO! No narwhals again! :tired_face:

6 Likes