Native American style flute

First Native American style flute from a glowforge I think :slightly_smiling_face:

I plan on making a YouTube video for my channel this weekend

Forgot to mention I think it sounds quite nice :+1:

52 Likes

Very cool! Great idea.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cool! Never heard one! Should be interesting… :grinning:

2 Likes

First complete musical instrument of any kind, actually! That looks like fun, I’d like to make one. Well done!

3 Likes

I can’t remember, was the pirate band’s new drum only partially glowforged?

2 Likes

Forgot about that one, and I don’t know! @julybighouse?

1 Like

Of course, the first brass instrument… :glowforge: 8.0???

2 Likes

Hey guys! thanks for the tag (still catching up from posts from last Friday!)

I don’t think I can claim making a COMPLETE instrument using only the Laser. That was certainly the intent, but dimensions of the the largest pieces meant that I would have had to break up the cuts on each side, and I needed sub-mm accuracy and I just couldn’t get it consistently enough.

That being said, the laser was HEAVILY used and was responsible for nearly everything on the instrument. It cut the template that was used to make the box joints for all the sides, it cut the sound hole, and did the engraving for the front and side faces. I would say about 80% of that build was either done on the GF or was accomplished because of the GF.

Here are the posts in question: Cajon made with a Glowforge

3 Likes

If you go to my channel I have already made a few with standard woodworking methods :grin:

3 Likes

Woot I kinda thought so but I wanted someone else to say it was the first :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

I know I can’t claim it, though I did try, I’m happy to see you take that one. :smiley:

4 Likes

Opps sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries!

1 Like