Nativity Trees

I’ve made over 1300 of these this year! Close to 400 cutting hours. Cut from 5mm walnut, mahogany, maple or red oak. Keeping the slots tight have been a challenge since the boards vary as much as 0.2 mm. Kudos to Sue Scrollsaw Artist on Etsy for the design. Her work is awesome.

45 Likes

Very nice and WOW 1300!!

6 Likes

That’s a lot of work

4 Likes

I got one off Etsy as well…same design, but without the base. I figured I would give them as hanging art, or design my own base.

2 Likes

Those are great. Glad they were a success!

3 Likes

I designed my own base. Did you have troubles with the file double cutting? I had to delete all the double lines in inkscape.

2 Likes

I haven’t cut them yet, but I will check those before I do. Thanks for the heads up.

Very impressive production! They are beautiful.

I must have gotten a different file. I just took a quick glance at it in Illustrator and I didn’t see any double lines, so I cut it. Light walnut ply, 3 trees, 10 inches tall, 18 minutes. They are gorgeous.

Did you get the file from Sue scrollsaw artist? I cut a 4 - 10.5" trees in 45 mins using 5mm walnut

it would be torture to do that on a scroll saw. every open space is a blade disconnect/reconnect. and my Hawk scroll saw does that pretty quickly.

1 Like

I got mine from AnatolianDesignCraft. I haven’t figured out how to find out which artist is the actual creator, and I tend to despise people who steal files. But I really needed that file for my sister. I generally hate Etsy sellers in general. :wink:

So pretty