Nebraska Flooding

I don’t think there are many others here from Nebraska but I hope those who are from around here are not in the path of this major flooding. NWS had to abandon their post and shutdown the radar, servers and broadcasts (NOAA Weather Radio) and moved staff to another site in Hastings. I have been listening to my scanner and its been non-stop rescue operations since yesterday via Blackhawk helicopters, airboats and LifeFlight. Last night 7 firefighters went into the water after two airboats capsized and it was over an hour before they could get Blackhawks out to their location to rescue them, three of them in street clothes. Pretty much every road heading West from Omaha is closed, and I-29 from Council Bluffs to the MO boarder is closed.

If you want to see some pictures/videos/accounts of what is happening here check out this tag:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/NebraskaFlood?src=tren

7 Likes

Thanks for the update and stay safe! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow! that’s terrible and nothing in mainstream news!

1 Like

Gosh, take care of yourself! It’s all heading our way (STL) so we may be seeing some of it soon.

2 Likes

Yikes! Stay safe!

2 Likes

not until they can figure out how to blame it on Trump. :wink:

1 Like

@DaveL I hope you (and all NE forgers) stay safe, I’m thinking of you all.

3 Likes

indeed prayers up for anyone near the projected path…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.