Need Bill to export printer from US to Europe!

US companies don’t charge VAT, unless that are VAT registered in the UK, so it isn’t a VAT invoice. You get that for the import VAT from the courier. It should have an invoice number on it though but that has been left blank.

i would even appreciate any kind of response, even something like “we cannot send you the invoice because we’re on vacation for 3 months”.
i’ve sent several emails to both email addresses i’ve found (hello@glowforge.com, support@glowforge.com) with all the info you suggested, Order number, payment proof, the reason why we desperately need the invoice. Nothing. Checked spam every day.

1 Like

I don’t understand the lack of response. They are supposed to be monitoring Problems and Support, and it does not seem you query is unreasonable, nor unexpected. I’m not up on my import tax law to your country, but they certainly should be by now.

Have you received your golden ticket, or tracking info yet. The only thing I can think of is if you haven’t got your ticket yet because they aren’t shipping to Romania yet, they may not have all of the details nailed down to properly answer.

This isn’t about GF exporting to Romania. It is a simple request for an invoice for a domestic delivery that has already happened. Any business buying something requires an invoice to put it through their accounts.

1 Like

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, and it’s something I hadn’t thought of. They tend to wait until they have something locked down or resolved completely before they respond.

Hope you hear something soon in any case @contabilitate…I know it’s got to be frustrating.

See my post above. This is not about shipping to Romania as far as GF are concerned, they have already shipped it to the US.

@contabilitate says here that the Glowforge has arrived in the US…not Romania…and that they are trying to send it from the US.

so this part has no bearing

edit* duplicated other posts :roll_eyes:

Yah, that explains the lack of response a lot better. Although they should be able to spit out a US invoice immediately.

I had the same issue when drop shipping to the USVI. VI needs a Commercial Invoice to clear customs and Country of Origin Docs (otherwise I have to pay import taxes)

An email to support about the issue and I got a quick response. Sent it off the my shipper and now I’m cleared and now I have my Founders Ruler.

I have to do this with all shipments through the drop shipper, not with the Post Office.

1 Like