Need help designing a file

Hello!

Does anyone know where I would post to ask if someone can design a svg file for me? My aunt wants something that says “Jeff Boyardee”, as a play on Chef Boyardee… Preferably with the graphic of Chef Boyardee. I’d love to engrave a cutting board for her but I have ZERO graphic design skills.

Thank you!

1 Like

You could easily design one with the interface. All the fonts and graphics to use.

3 Likes

That would be a trademark violation. You can certainly design one yourself for personal use, but nobody could legally make a design like that and charge you for it.

Sounds like an ideal opportunity to learn some basic design skills. That’s kind of the point of owning a machine like the Glowforge.

2 Likes

This took 60 seconds to create in the interface.

3 Likes

Stick a few zeros in the meta description for HxW.

1 Like

Thank you. I took a screenshot of the svg

Not necessarily to enable any infringement, but this design might work for you.

2 Likes

The possibilities are endless

2 Likes

That and some premium beta text might be more than enough!

2 Likes

Ah, ok. Thanks. I meant to say developer skills I guess. I just don’t know how to make files. I do alright designing things but honestly I didn’t think about copyright violation. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you!

We’re happy to help you figure out how to make a file, and it’s really not hard. Which design app have you chosen?

It is perfect for what I’m thinking. I’m using Inkscape. I’ve figured out a few things in the but sometimes it doesn’t work out. Idk. I’m stuck between wanting to create things and taking the time to learn the program. Lol… I need to just sit down and read the tutorials. That’s how I’ve learned everything that I have so far. I’m just really good at putting the cart before the horse… lol.

2 Likes

There are many ways to learn, and online there are many different web sites and youtube channels.

One of my favorite online resources is “logos by nick” - he has as web site and a youtube channel. I have not paid for his Inkscape course because I didn’t need it, but the free content he publishes is extremely well presented. He has a $15 “lifetime” course for learning Inkscape, and I have to believe it’s as good or better than the free content he publishes. Every time I watch one of his videos, I learn something new.

5 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.