Need help with SVG File

Would love any help possible with the file below. Basically I have been trying to turn the text (anything colored blue) into a format that will allow me to engrave the letters filled in vs simply scoring the outline. I have gone through these threads and am struggling to find a solution that works for all of these font types in the file. Any help for this new glowforge user would be greatly appreciated!!

3 Likes

Anything with a Fill color will be engraved. Anything with a stroke color is set up to Cut or Score first. So if you want to engrave text, give it a fill color but no stroke color.

How did you create it? What program did you use?

2 Likes

Also… it looks like you are using purple to score. You might want to change the state outlines and snowflake to purple.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help guys! I was able to get everything figured out.

I’m actually using the state outlines and the snowflakes as pieces that hang within the outer circle. They are independent cutouts from the larger ornament. Really excited about how they turned out!

1 Like

I have a cnc machine as well so i’m using the vcarve software for my cnc to create the files, exporting the svg file, and then editing the text in inkscape. seems to be working out pretty well!

Got me curious… care to share pics of the finished ornaments?

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!