Need help With Warranty Information

I do have a support ticket open for this, just have a few questions to see it I’m reading into this or what. Quick History: My original GF PRO went down on me Sept.2019. Understand warranty was gone after 2 years, Paid for a Newly Remanufactured. Because of a bunch of snafu on GF’s part, I was upgraded to a Brand New From the Factory GF PRO. Actual sentence from correspondence with GF: " I’ve received permission to upgrade your replacement to a brand new Pro straight from the factory, and I’ve changed your shipping speed to our fastest available". 5 months have passed and this Brand New From The Factory unit, will not cut anymore (laser system). When I go into my GF Dashboard and open settings, I see both units. Am I reading more into this by thinking that this New unit has anything less that the full year warranty?? I would think that the statement upgraded to a Brand new Unit From the factory, included a warranty on it also. Support told me it was going to be $800.00 for a Remanufactured since the warranty expired in Sept. 2019. I sent a another email with and told them I was not talking about that unit, I’m talking about the Brand New from the Factory Unit that was shipped to me on Sept. 30th 2020. I also sent pictures of the shipping label, and serial number tags on the GF Box. Have not heard a word back from GF in 2 days now. If anyone could answer this for me, so that I can make a decision and get our little Mom & Pop back up and running that supplements our SSI.
Thanks everyone

Generally no, you don’t get a new warranty with a warranty replacement.

No one besides Glowforge is going to be able to give you an answer on this, but I would suspect that your original warranty remained, whether or not you received a new or remanufactured. I think the best case scenario is an original warranty expiring just after a replacement, and the replacement having a 90-day warranty.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. I guess what I cant get my head around is I did pay for this one at a discounted price. To me, it is just like buying another unit. I’ve attached the invoice that shows the special discount. Invoice

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.