Need New Posts!

People! It’s my day off, and there’s a distinct lack of new posts for me to browse while lying lazily in bed drinking the coffee my awesome husband made for me.

Hurry! WRITE STUFF!!! I need my forum fix!

18 Likes

Are you all caught up on the older stuff then? There are some buried gems in here; search on any topic and you’ll find ‘em.

5 Likes

That’s my fallback strategy! I’ve read a LOT of old stuff, but there’s still a lot more to see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See, on Saturday mornings most of the normal employed folks are making, not writing. This is their prime making time.

3 Likes

People just jump out of bed and go make stuff? I have to drink coffee and THINK about making stuff first, get my neurons warmed up and firing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’m being continuously distracted by the lack of distractions here too!

OMG, people are going to make me actually do the work I’m trying to avoid. Sigh.

2 Likes

I have a brand new Oculus Go to play with (my kids suggested it for while I’m recovering from ankle surgery next month) so I’m not entirely out of “goofing off” options yet. But GF is still my first choice!

4 Likes

I’ve already avoided work for 4-ish hours today playing on the GF and have made myself walk away.

But, the forums… feed me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The best solution I have found for this it to go make something post worthy and post it. Now both you and someone else is suffering from the posting Darth a little less.

2 Likes

Yes, I can see that would be your style—your stuff is always very well thought out!

3 Likes

Nothing new for me to post. I’m just slogging away doing more LED edge lit acrylic. Both 3D printers are working constantly and the Glowforge get about five hours of exercise a day.

Have you gone through the YouTube videos that folks are posting with the Glowforge. There are more and more every day. None from me though. I’d like to, but making gets in the way of video editing.

You know what I did during the lulls? I read through all of Martin Raynsford’s blog Just Add sharks. I learned a whole lot from his posts. I has tons of files too. Now I have 3500 posts to catch up on on this forum though.

Today I pass 1000 days visiting. Woo hoo!

7 Likes