Need objects in a line?

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project inside the glowforge interfacing. I have many small circles and I need them to all be in a straight line (in a row), but this is difficult to do with a mouse. Is there a way to group copy the many circles and then align them in a row or straight line? I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Select each one of them and then use the alignment/distribution tool. It is the icon next to the measurement tool. You can also check the center x,y position of one of the circles and use the same center coordinate for all the others.

9 Likes

Got it ! Thank you so much.

1 Like

One more question. Is there a way to make the circles that are now in a row to align in a semi-circle or half moon shape?

1 Like

Not to my knowledge in the Glowforge interface. Possibly in an outside design program.

2 Likes

ok Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a pretty trivial operation in Inkscape.

2 Likes

ok I dont have inkscape, so I guess I need to download it today

1 Like

You could draw a circle in the interface and manually place the smaller circles as you wish, and then delete the large circle.

3 Likes

Yes, that would work ! I will try that first, thank you !

2 Likes

Inkscape (for vectors) and Gimp (for rasters) are pretty standard free software with lots of users here. There are plenty of other programs out there to do the same thing (many fairly expensive) but there is a learning curve with all of them.

2 Likes

This is working great ! Thank you

2 Likes

Another possibility if you have Glowforge Premium is to use the new Pattern Line tool:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.